At SilverCrest Properties, the health and safety of our residents is our top priority. In light of the continued spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and with the increased dangers it poses to seniors, comprehensive measures have been put in place at all of our communities addressing recommended preventative measures from the CDC and MDH, along with other best practices consistent with the prevention of all communicable diseases. we have instituted robust prevention measures across all of our campuses. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- To ensure the health safety of our residents and per CDC recommendations, we are restricting all visitors to our campuses, including family members. The only exception will be for residents on hospice who will be allowed visits from immediate family members who have gone through screening.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been set up at entrances and common areas.
- Additional cleaning ( at least twice daily ) of hard surfaces in common areas by housekeeping staff as well as department directors .
- Cancellation of large marketing and other events in the communities and a restriction of community outings. We cannot stop residents from leaving the community and going out to public events though we are encouraging them to avoid this.
- Daily review and assessment of updates from Minnesota Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Communication with residents both in meetings as well as written communication.
- Communication with families of our protocol and reminder not to visit if experiencing respiratory symptoms and or fever.
- We have ordered and stocked as many additional supplies as available and are on our vendor back order list for additional supplies.
- Provided staff education along with daily updates on protocol.
- Coordination with our HomeCare partners: SilverCare, Lifesprk and Comfort Health to ensure consistent communication and monitoring of resident and staff illness.
- Staff screening tool upon return from vacation is in use based on CDC guidelines.
- If, in light of our proactive measures, we still experience a confirmed case within one of our communities, we will work closely with the Minnesota Department of Health and follow their guidance.
We are fully prepared to adjust these measures as more information becomes available to ensure we are following recommended safety precautions for our residents, visitors and employees. We will add updates to the website if and when they are available. To keep yourself and your loved ones safe, please read our illness-prevention tip sheet.
The SilverCrest Corporate Team